Welcome to Brookville, PA
Welcome to the Borough of Brookville, the Jefferson County seat. Brookville was originally settled in the late 1790s and incorporated in 1830. Today, Brookville is governed with a Council/Manager form of government. Click here to learn more about Brookville's rich history.
Brookville boasts a vitality and historic downtown seen in few communities of its size. Specialty shops, coffee shops, taverns, art galleries, athletic facilities, non-profit organizations, history centers, and much more offer attractions for many ages and interests. As a close neighbor to Punxsutawney (home to Punxsutawney Phil) the community draws visitors from across the country and around the world. Brookville is also known as the crossroads to Cook Forest State Park - a beautiful state treasure. Seasonal festivals and special events fill Brookville's streets every year.
Recently named one of the prettiest painted downtowns in America, Brookville is also a very safe community where pedestrians come before motorized vehicles (it is very easy to walk across the street in Brookville). Known for its Rails-to-Trails program, it is a place for families with children of all ages to enjoy life. The Brookville Area School District also has a very strong reputation.
The Borough supports open and responsive local government. We are proud of those who serve on our Borough Council, volunteer on our Authorities, Boards, and Commissions, and Emergency Responder Personnel, as well as our dedicated employees who serve and protect residents and visitors.
Come. Visit. Enjoy the jewel of west-central Pennsylvania!
- The Brookville Borough Street Department will start leaf pickup on Monday, October 31st. Please read the attached information.
- Halloween in Brookville will be on Monday, October 31st with the parade beginning at 5:30 p.m. followed by trick-or-treating until 8:00 p.m. Happy Halloween!
- Jefferson County is under a drought watch - please use water wisely.
- Brookville Municipal Authority is in the process of updating all water meters with new radio read meters.
- Online Bill Pay is up and running for Brookville Municipal Authority water/sewer customers!